Monday, May 08, 2006

Undies Drawer Logic

Had an epiphany while I was cleaning out my undies drawer.
AS I was sorting the undies I wear every day and the optimistic undies that I know I will never wear no matter how pretty they are I realized that this downsizing of the house should in theory help us financially. I am of the opinion that the less stuff I have to try and keep tidy and clean the more control I will have over the shit left. My pantry is the perfect example, I could feed a village of Ethiopians for a year on the crap I have in my pantry. I have to change my thinking that when I see a bare-ish pantry doesn’t mean I go out and buy tins of ingredients and packets of that. A simple menu plan with the contents of the freezer should mean that I can go shopping once a fortnight or once a week, and just have to pick up fresh fruit and milk and bread during the week instead of taking a half assed shopping list every 2 days and then coming home with a trolley full of impulse items we “Need” to have.

Hmmm will have to work on this theory and I just know I’m right, I am sure I read it in Flylady somewhere…. That reminds me I had better bring Flylady off no mail, I need the discipline right now…

Ciao