Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mothers Day, Mountains and Milkshakes


My Mothers day started really well. Josh woke and joined Nate Raz and I in bed for the ritual sunday morning tickle fight, I got up with them and got breakfast started, Raz has been wonderful but there was no way he would have handled breakfast on his own. Josh is far too needy at breakfast time. I have to make Josh a piece of vegemite toast to get him started or he just screams the place down), while I wait for the kettle to boil to make up the formula for Josh's weetbix I make Nate's toast and can usually make my toast too and a cup of tea if I am lucky. I got all that started for Raz and then left him to it while I went back to bed. About half an hour later eggs & bacon and kisses arrived for breakfast. I was left in peace to read my book and eat my breaky when another knock came at the door with Nate and Raz bearing gifts and cards. I got a wonderful Willow Tree piece to go with the other pieces I have. I just love every one of them and this is no exception. This afternoon after the boys had had their sleep we went into Mt Coot-tha ( http://www.brisbanelookout.com/index.html) for a milkshake.
Extremely greatful for the Navman coz there is no way we would have found it without it!

I visited there when I was first in Brisbane in 2000, it was heaps busier than when I was last there and there was a group of roudy Brazilians having a good time taking photos etc. Nate had fun being king of the castle and he loved his pink milkshake. Headed home about 5pm in time for Fish and Chips and a long overdue bath. Nathan rang both Nonna and Grandma and it was cute hearing him wish them a Happy Mothers day and listening to him explain to them that he had a milkshake on a big Big BIG Mountain.





This time last year we went to the Melbourne Zoo and I stewed the whole time that Raz had put in no effort whatsoever to make my day special but today instead of expecting the worst I told him what I would like and he surprised me which is all I ever wanted and it cost less than $50 for the entire day. How special is that?