Saturday, September 02, 2006

Riverphwoar!


Hey long time and I've been meaning to come in and just post some stuff that the kids are doing I know I will kick myself later if I don't.
Tonight we went to Riverfire. Took the kids and Nicky and Russell and kids and headed in about 4.30 with no expectations of finding a carpark nor a good spot. We found both! We parked near the Gabba and walked up with the pram laden with cold chook and salads and a few beers to help us unwind. We managed to jag a great spot across the road from the radio station that was doing the simulcast. The absolute highlight of the night was the F111 plane doing their dump and burn. (Pic courtesy of a very talented photographer Marty Pouwelse)

There was a moment of terror as it went over and I kinda felt glad that they were only there for display and not for the business that those planes were built for. The speed they came past was phenomenal and to actually feel the heat from the flames as they went past was enough to get the adrenalin going. Nathan was terrified and Josh was fine until he saw Nate's reaction and went out in sympathy. Josh was gorgeous though, everytime the fireworks went up he would burrow into my chest and snuggle. It was so gorgeous, not easy to video the night but cuddles beats some half pie footage anyday!
I luckily overheard someone in the crowd say that they planes would go over again after the fireworks so this time I had my video camera ready. I just had a look at it and its not the best but it was enough to show my dad who will be drooling when he sees it :)

Josh isn't quite walking yet but you can see him try and see if he can get to places without having to drop and crawl. Its great watching him thinking his way thru a problem now. Also on Friday we took the kids to the BBQ area and were playing cricket. Josh would join in the cheering when one of the kids hit the ball. He is so cute he throws his arms up above his head and says Yeeeeeee. Its gorgeous

Ok thats enough for now I will put up some pics I have taken in the past month or so when I can get enough time on.