Saturday, July 24, 2010

Surgery date is booked
This past week I have been to meet the Surgeon Mr Banting, Nice but still an academic.
Met with the Psychologist Ranya who was lovely and very easy to chat to then I met Voula my Dietitian and extremely easy to talk to, I've spent my whole life battling my weight issues and some of the time that included having to front up to a dietitian who told me what I can and can't do and all the right things to do. I just wasn't open to listening. Voula was very realistic we went through my typical day and did not say You can't have that, she gave me tools to deal with WHY I want 'that' when I want it. I walked out of there excited and very positive about everything.

So next on the agenda is another round of blood tests, a chest x-ray and an appt with their GP Dr Lanteri on the 13th August. Once Dr Lanteri clears me I have a follow up appt with Mr Banting to go through all the legal shit risks etc, from there I have 3 weeks, 2 weeks of Optifast prior to the op and all done and booked for the 7th September.

I am optimistic at the moment and excited but by the same token I fully recognise that I am going to have a freak out anxiety attack at some point as the date looms.

I have found real inspiration and a whole lotta support on the Banding Together Website and I am counting on them talking me down when I need it.

Of course all of this is still very dependant on how much we get back on our Tax and Centrelink for the last FY. Hoping and praying that there is enough to cover it as I won't be able to afford it until after the house is built otherwise. I've thought about getting a personal loan for it but with the house repayments and the rent at the moment it is going to tie us up until we are out of the rental and into our new house.