Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Survival, packing 11 rooms of shit

Ok so we survived the weekend. None of the IL's made any negative comments but my MIL didn't look very well at all. Apparently she is bleeding from somewhere but as they barely speak english I couldn't establish exactly where it was coming from. She apparently has cysts on her Kidneys that burst and cause a lot of pain. Feeling a bit guilty about taking the boys away from her but then again if we wait until she dies then Raz's opportunities could have past. I do feel awful that we are moving so far away from them but we will be back often. Nathan got WAY too much chocolate and Josh got lots of chocolate. What makes people buy chocolate for a 6 month old baby!?!? Fuckin idiots, Why couldn't they just get him a book about easter or toy rabbit or something? Raz and Nate's current word at the moment is Shammore (sp?) in Italian it means 'stupid' or something close to it. It seems fitting to call these well meaning relatives Shammore for giving a baby chocolate!

As for the move, the packers were supposed to arrive today but they apparently have changed their minds are are coming on Thursday, he reckons it will only take a day to pack everything. I guess this means I can sit back and relax for a little while longer. I want to do a practice run and actually pack everything that I want to get into the car BEFORE the day comes because if I find that everything doesn't fit then we are going to be in trouble because the truck will have left and whatever doesn't fit will have to be thrown out. Best that I practice packing the car before Friday huh?

Got a really lovely little present from the ladies at Mainly Music today. They knew it was our last day today so Nate and I both got a gift. Nate got a book about ducks with one of those party whistles that when you blow make a sound like a duck. LOL its going to be an outside toy! He also got a tiny little tin with 2 tiny tiny cows in it. He Absolutely loves it! I got a box of belgian chocs and a little scented pillow for the undies drawer. I like the Salvos for putting on Mainly Music, it is a cheap and friendly atmosphere and the kids both love the music. Even Josh had a ball. I am going to miss them.